|RACING CATEGORY RULES
The complete rule book will be uploaded in March 2016. Till then here are some general guidelines for competitors.
- The rally is not timed. It is a point race.
- Each competitor is required to install our race tracking GPS device.
- Any street legal car or motorcycle may enter
- Points are given for completing daily stages, completing them on time, finding navigational check points.
- No one is forced out of the races for missing a stage.
- Navigational points can be given as village names, directions or GPS way points.
- Helping others in trouble is in the spirit of the rally.
- Shovel, tow rope, fire extinguisher, GPS, sat phone are required of competitors.
- Fancy dress, costume start party.
We expect the rule book of the Baja 4000 to be simpler than our other rally, the Budapest-Bamako. To see the detailed rule book of the Budapest-Bamako, click here.
|4×4 ADVENTURE CATEGORY RULES
This category doesn’t have a rule book. We apply a fairly liberal spirit to our events. However a couple of ethical standards and general guidelines should be followed.
- Have a good time, but not at the expense of others.
- Help others when you see that they’re in a difficult situation.
- Respect the environment and respect local cultures.
- Don’t do anything you wouldn’t do at home.
- Treat others with the same respect that you’d like to be treated.
- Always have a plan B.
- If there’s trouble you can only rely on yourself.